SAPPHIRE COMMUNITY PORTAL
GETTING A SAPPHIRE COMMUNITY PORTAL ACCOUNT
Parents and students who do not have an account can obtain an account by clicking on the Sapphire Community Portal link. After you get to the Welcome Page of the Sapphire Community Portal (SCP), click on “Create a Web Portal Account” link and complete the form. The KEYWORD is udatrojans. After you complete the application, it will be submitted to the UDASD for approval. You will receive an email once the application is approved. Once the confirmation email is received, you can log in to the SCP. For full instructions on the Sapphire Community Portal, see the SCP Account Letter.
Please note that the Online Registration Account is NOT the same as the Sapphire Community Portal Account. Even if you registered your child online, you need to request a separate Sapphire Community Portal Account to access forms, grades, and other information related to your child.
ABSENCE AND EARLY DISMISSAL EXCUSES
The UDASD is also asking parents to submit their excuses through the Community Web Portal. Please read this Sapphire Community Portal Excuses Notification about submitting excuses online.
BENEFITS OF SAPPHIRE COMMUNITY PORTAL ACCESS
- Student Data Forms: Complete forms online (no searching for forms or lost forms).
- Change Student Data: Updating parent and student data
- Current Schedule: View your child’s current schedule (no lost paper schedules)
- Courses and Grades: View your child’s courses, current grades, and assignments
- Attendance: View attendance information for your child
- Report Cards: View your child’s report card (no lost report cards)
SAPPHIRE COMMUNITY PORTAL FAQS
- Cannot Remember Login Information – if your login information is not working or you need a password reset, you can contact Lauren Stoner at firstname.lastname@example.org for a reset.
- Blank Screen Error – if you are having an error with your Sapphire Portal account where you receive a blank screen, please clear your browser cache. Instructions to clear cache on Chrome. If this does not work for you, contact Lauren Stoner, email@example.com with details on your error.
ONLINE FORMS VIA SAPPHIRE COMMUNITY PORTAL
The Upper Dauphin Area School District is implementing online forms for the beginning of the school year, technology loan (iPad issuance), and extracurricular activities. Please read the Sapphire Community Portal and Forms Notification for more information about why the UDASD is taking this action.
Before completing forms online, parents and students must have a Sapphire Community Portal (SCP) Account. If you already have an account, you can log in and complete the required forms.
Spanish forms are available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
ONLINE FORMS DEMO VIDEO
The UDASD has developed a brief video to show how to complete online forms
WHAT FORMS NEED COMPLETED
PARENTS: When you log into the SCP, you will see your child’s information or you may see a list of your children if you have multiple children in the school. Select the child that you want to complete forms for. If you have multiple children, you will need to complete the forms for each child separately. Once you see your child’s information, click on Student Data Forms under the Student Backpack to see the forms that need to be completed. Please complete all of the forms under ‘Forms Awaiting Completion.’ In addition, if your child is participating in extracurricular activities and/or will be parking on school property, please complete the appropriate forms under ‘OnDemand Forms’. You may also submit absence excuses and early dismissal excuses for your child through the Sapphire Community Portal. Those are also listed under the ‘OnDemand Forms’.
STUDENTS: When students log in to the SCP, they will see their own information. Students should also complete all of the forms listed under ‘Forms Awaiting Completion.’ Students who plan to drive/park on school property or participate in extracurricular activities must also complete the appropriate forms under ‘OnDemand Forms.’
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: To participate in extracurricular activities, parents and students should complete the following forms:
- Extracurricular HIPAA Release
- Extracurricular Participation Contract
- Consent to Mandatory Testing
DRIVING/PARKING ON SCHOOL PROPERTY: Students who intend to park/drive on school property must complete the following forms:
- Permission to Drive/Park on School Property
- Consent to Mandatory Testing
You only need to submit the Consent to Mandatory Testing one time even if you participate in extracurricular activities and drive/park on school property.
PAYING FEES: Information about how to submit fees is included on forms that require fees. Please make sure that you include your child’s name, grade, and the description of what the fee is for on your envelope for any fee submitted to the building office.