Director, Athletics and Administrative Services
Core Knowledge Areas:
- Child Accounting including Student Registration
- Financial Management including Budget Administration
- Food Service including Free and Reduced Lunches
- State and Federal Reporting
- Student Information System and Supplemental Systems
Full-Time, 249 Days
Required Education Level:
Under the management of the Director, Athletics and Administrative Services, this position is responsible for assigned tasks within the core knowledge areas identified for the position. The person in this position uses administrative and analytical skills to carry out the assigned tasks to meet the goals and objectives set forth annually by the Director, Athletics and Administrative Services, Superintendent and School Board.
- Performing analysis, and presenting the results of that analysis in both written and oral form.
- Analyzing student registration and withdrawal scenarios, and making decisions and determinations based on those situations.
- Enrolling and withdrawing students.
- Coordinating with building secretaries and administrators regarding new and withdrawing students.
- Processing applications for economically disadvantaged and free and reduced lunch.
- Analyzing transportation routes based on policies and regulations.
- Setting up transportation routes and pick-up/drop-off points for students.
- Accounting for all District students including Amish, Home School, Cyber School/Program and Outside Placements.
- Assisting with state and federal reporting including analyzing data related to the the Pennsylvania Information Management System.
- Registering parent portal users.
- Answering phone inquiries within the Administration Office and servicing customers as able within the designated core knowledge areas.
- Servicing walk-in customers within the Administration Office as able within the designated core knowledge areas.
- Performing such other duties as may be required and assigned.
Required Education Level:
A valid PA driver’s license
Essential Job Functions:
- Visual acuity to read correspondence, computer screen
- Auditory acuity to be able to use telephone and greet visitors
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Must be courteous and able to deal effectively with people
- Must be cooperative, congenial and service-oriented
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, write and do simple computation
- Ability to use correct grammar, sentence structure and spelling
- Ability to compose clear, concise sentences and paragraphs
- Ability to organize office setting to efficiently accomplish tasks
- Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions
- Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to use computer technology efficiently
The position holder must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. It is the responsibility of the employee to inform the Upper Dauphin Area School District Superintendent of any and all reasonable accommodation that will be required. Upper Dauphin Area School District is an equal opportunity employment, educational and service organization.
Preferred Education Level:
- Experience with student registration.
- Experience with situational and problem analysis.
Full-time, 249 Days based on District Schedule
8 Hours, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Work day may be extended due to emergency situations.
Hiring: Current starting job rate based on classification.
Ongoing: As decided annually by the School Board.
- Sitting at desk for extended periods
- Standing for limited periods of time
- Frequent bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, grasping
- Light lifting – up to 20 pounds
- Frequent carrying – up to 20 pounds
- Manual dexterity to prepare mailings and use office equipment
- Repetitive movement of fingers and hands for keyboarding
Office setting (inside).
Equipment to Operate:
Computer, mobile devices, telephone, scanner, calculators, printers and fax machines.