The Upper Dauphin Area School District is required by law to periodically submit comprehensive plans to the Pennsylvania Department of Education. These plans are required as follows:
- Professional Education Plan (Every 3 Years)
- Special Education Plan (Every 3 Years)
- Induction Plan (Every 6 Years)
- Student Services Plan (Every 6 Years)
- Gifted Education Plan (Every 6 Years)
The above plans must be made available for public inspection 28 days prior to approval by the Board of Education. Source: PDE Chapter 4 Planning Requirements
Plans Under Review
The following plan is currently under review and is offered in draft form.
None at this time.
Upper Dauphin Area School District Professional Education and Induction Plans
Draft Upper Dauphin Area School District Special Education Plan
Student Services Plan
Gifted Education Plan
Our mission is to empower our students to be lifelong learners in order to reach their greatest potential.
In keeping with our mission, a learning partnership comprised of staff, families, and the community at large will promote a collaborative spirit in a safe and secure environment to support the education of the whole child. In order to achieve these goals, we will make a commitment to:
- Provide a challenging curriculum with effective teaching;
- Promote a culture of respect which values diversity;
- Empower our students to develop personal integrity and accountability.
- Our students are our purpose.
- Our district focuses on our students and recognizes that each person has the ability to learn.
- Our students are entitled to a safe, caring, learning environment.
- All students want to succeed in some way and want to feel good about themselves.
- All students should have the opportunity to learn using the most current material and technology available, in order to compete with the rest of the world.
- All students should be encouraged to discuss their ideas and the ideas of others in the classroom instead of just rote memorization of facts.
- The advancement of society depends on the development of individual talents, and that each student should be given the opportunity and resources to develop his/her talents to the utmost of their potential.
- Our learning environment develops values of service, pride, excellence, and integrity.
- Our students are encouraged to contribute to the community.
- Our district strives for pride, excellence, and integrity.
- Our heritage provides a foundation for good citizenship.
- The role of all in the school community is to work cooperatively to support the needs of the students.
- The partnership among the home, the school district, and the community has a direct correlation to the quality of the educational system and the experience of each student.
- Every human has intrinsic value and unique gifts and talents.
- Character counts and that honesty and integrity are essential to healthy relationships.
- Schools are places to help all students develop and enhance their self-worth.
- Students of today will live in a profoundly different future and we must address new challenges.
- Global citizens require competencies in problem-solving, communication skills, technology, and teamwork.
- Learning occurs within the entire school community when: (1) all who enter feel physically and emotionally safe and secure; and, (2) healthy minds and bodies are valued and encouraged.
- Individuals are responsible for their choices and actions.
- The family is the foundation for a successful community.