The Upper Dauphin Area School District is required by law to periodically submit comprehensive plans to the Pennsylvania Department of Education. These plans are required as follows:
- Professional Education Plan (Every 3 Years)
- Special Education Plan (Every 3 Years)
- Induction Plan (Every 6 Years)
- Student Services Plan (Every 6 Years)
- Gifted Education Plan (Every 6 Years)
The above plans must be made available for public inspection 28 days prior to approval by the Board of Education. Source: PDE Chapter 4 Planning Requirements
Plans Under Review
The following plan is currently under review and is offered in draft form.
None at this time.
Upper-Dauphin Area School District Comprehensive Plan 2022-2025
Upper Dauphin Area School District Special Education Plan 21-24
Upper Dauphin Area School District Student Services Assurances 2022-2025
Upper Dauphin Area School District Professional Development Plan 2022-2025
Upper Dauphin Area School District Induction Plan 2022-2025
Upper Dauphin Area School District Gifted Plan Assurances 2022-2025
Our mission is to empower our students to be lifelong learners in order to reach their greatest potential.
In keeping with our mission, a learning partnership comprised of staff, families, and the community at large will promote a collaborative spirit in a safe and secure environment to support the education of the whole child. In order to achieve these goals, we will make a commitment to:
- Provide a challenging curriculum with effective teaching;
- Promote a culture of respect which values diversity;
- Empower our students to develop personal integrity and accountability.
- Our students are our purpose.
- Our district focuses on our students and recognizes that each person has the ability to learn.
- Our students are entitled to a safe, caring, learning environment.
- All students want to succeed in some way and want to feel good about themselves.
- All students should have the opportunity to learn using the most current material and technology available, in order to compete with the rest of the world.
- All students should be encouraged to discuss their ideas and the ideas of others in the classroom instead of just rote memorization of facts.
- The advancement of society depends on the development of individual talents, and that each student should be given the opportunity and resources to develop his/her talents to the utmost of their potential.
- Our learning environment develops values of service, pride, excellence, and integrity.
- Our students are encouraged to contribute to the community.
- Our district strives for pride, excellence, and integrity.
- Our heritage provides a foundation for good citizenship.
- The role of all in the school community is to work cooperatively to support the needs of the students.
- The partnership among the home, the school district, and the community has a direct correlation to the quality of the educational system and the experience of each student.
- Every human has intrinsic value and unique gifts and talents.
- Character counts and that honesty and integrity are essential to healthy relationships.
- Schools are places to help all students develop and enhance their self-worth.
- Students of today will live in a profoundly different future and we must address new challenges.
- Global citizens require competencies in problem-solving, communication skills, technology, and teamwork.
- Learning occurs within the entire school community when: (1) all who enter feel physically and emotionally safe and secure; and, (2) healthy minds and bodies are valued and encouraged.
- Individuals are responsible for their choices and actions.
- The family is the foundation for a successful community.